"Mark as Read" button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
There used to be a "mark as read" button, that would mark the threads as read. Is this a possibility?

This new system is setup to automatically mark threads as read once you read them. I have attached screen shots of the settings for this and also the explanations for each. This way you can change computers and still keep your session info (what's been read or not) across different computers (or browsers in the same computer).

Another thing you can do is double click on the little pin board looking icon to the left of each forum. When you do that it will mark all the threads (discussions) in that forum as read and then the icon will turn gray. (FYI - we will get a new icon for that spot that fits better with our topic soon)

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 114
  • forum read marking.jpg
    forum read marking.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 104
  • double click.gif
    double click.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 65
Cool, that's nifty. I guess I should start clicking all the drop downs to find out what they do. I like the double click option as well. Thanks, both of you, for the info.

Andy,

I can't find the settings shown in your settings.jpg. How do I get to that setting page. If I click 'Mark Fourms Read' from the Quick Links, it marks all forums as read.

I used to click on an option to display new messages since last visit icon. Will that be coming back?

cmor1701d, there is a link on the top bar where the quick links button is, it says New Posts. If you click on that you'll get the new posts since your last visit (or I think it just lists all posts in general, same kinda thing). Took me a while to find it.

Is that what you were looking for?

You won't be able to see the settings Andy showed in the picture. They are of our software settings and he was posting them to help explain.

You can click on "new posts" (upper blue bar) for the latest content. Alternatively, use the drop down under quick links (upper blue bar) for a similar sort.

Attachments

70.1 KB · Views: 97
In the first post, the pic on the left shows how to mark just that specific forum as read. You double click on the icon to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom