Mattyfelts's Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can temporarily rehouse it I would, fish in cycles are very tough on the fish. If not your going to need a lot of ro/di water and salt because your going to have to do a lot of wc's and it will drag out your cycle, especially with base rock

Yeah I have no where to rehome it sadly! I'll try my best to keep everything cool! Anyways what do you think the other thing is? A small coral?

So I found out it is a type of anemone and I have another one on the other side of the lr! Everything is going good, hitchhiker fish is still alive and well! Just wondering what should I feed it ? I'm trying new life spectrum marine food

Watch out, it could be a pest anemone that you need to get rid of! They can spread quickly and take over your tank. Can you get another pic?

Watch out, it could be a pest anemone that you need to get rid of! They can spread quickly and take over your tank. Can you get another pic?

It's a Corynactis nem and isn't a pest to me. I'm not doing any corals or anything so should be good!!!

I think that's a cold water species isn't it? Not a nem expert but I thought I rememer reading about them when I was doing research in a temperate sw tank

I think that's a cold water species isn't it? Not a nem expert but I thought I rememer reading about them when I was doing research in a temperate sw tank

Nope. Corynactis "nems" are actually colonial anthozoans which are closely related to true anemones. They are tropical. There are several species and some are cold water while some live in warmer tropical waters.

Cool good to know, I thought I'd read that name must of been one of the sub species

Haha I kinda like it, the nem is pretty cool to look at. But now what is this thing beside it ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390191802.097623.jpg( to the right of the nem)

So I just did a water change,

Levels are :

• Ammonia : 0-0.25 ppm
  • Nitrite: 0 ppm
  • Nitrate: about 0- 0.25ppm
Do you think my cycle is complete or almost there?

Back
Top Bottom