Maxima Clam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if I could get a maxima clam. I have a 150g tank with and 8 bulb T5 fixture. I was wondering if my fish would eat him?

T5s. 8 bulb fixture. I forget the name but it was $540 at my LFS. Would it close up if my trigger got close?

i meant the lamp brands are they ATI? either way you should be alright with that fixture and good quality bulbs

that is up to the fish itself but it would probably attack the clam even if it closed and it would eventually get weakened and get picked off.

triggers are known to be an aggressive fish and are not usually reef safe so i would keep an eye on it. bat fish are also not reef safe so keep an eye on them with your corals

And one more thing, amke sure the light has individual reflectors. If not, you will not get enough par value to keep the clam alive, you will have to feed it alot and all the time. But other than that, they are not to awful hard to keep alive.

Back
Top Bottom