May I see your low light planted tank please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GlenC - are some of your plants in pots ? I have a (pretty much) barebottom tank and my plants will be in pots since I love the barebottom look. If they are in pots I'll probably be asking you more questions :)

Ice - thanks for the photo of your tank - I'm loving the look of it, esp the wide open spaces in the center and front. I think I'll incorporate that look into my tank. Thanks so much.

The plants are not in pots, surprisingly they are growing pretty well in really bad gravel. The particle size is way to big. My 6 year old picked out the lovely blue gravel as this tank is in his room and really is his. It wasn't supposed to be a planted tank, I just kinda took it over! If I had known how addicted to planted tanks I would become I would have made this my main tank. I had to go out and buy another one for myself! Welcome to the addiction! I have read that some hard to grow plants do well in pots but I have yet to try it.

addiction is right ! I thought just the fish part was addictive - the plant bit is going to be even worse, I can tell LOL. Would you believe I take bi-weekly trips to the LFS and to Petsmart just to see what's going on !
I'm afraid to look beyond a few mile range for LFS' - gas prices are too high ! LOL

A closer more current look (today) at the "trees".....

trees8kj.jpg

Looks like Rotala Rotundifolia to me. It's also commonly mislabeled Rotala Indica at the LFS.

Looks like H. polysperma "Rosanervig" here too.

Man IceH2O, nice tank. 1.75wpg CF?

Great tanks all.

Yep, 1.75 wpg Compact Flourescents.

Its a coralife single 48" with 2- 65 watt Sunpak 6700/10000 k bulbs. The Coralife comes with reflectors.

joannde, I didn't really plan on the open spaces. Well I did in the front because its low growing grass plants but the middle just hasn't gotten plants in it yet. Have some coming next week to help fill it in.

Here's my low light 5 gallon at work. 10 watt PC bulb. Crypts and dwarf sag and a java fern floating around until I can find a piece of driftwood for it. I just set it up so it hasn't had a chance to fill in yet.

P1000575.JPG

Ooooh, wow o_o I never thought you could do so much with a 5 gal tank before. Man, everyone here has such amazing ideas for aquascaping

Back
Top Bottom