Mbuna aquarium show off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
110 mbuna with 3 bala sharks and a large dempsy.

image-365614489.jpg

Sorry that's 110gal. And there is an Oscar in there I try to forget about lol

Here is my work in progress

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131203_120355.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131203_120355.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 127
Here is my mixed African 55 gal

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 121
Thought i would add my Iodotropheus sprengerae species tank with 3male:7female

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131204_052029.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131204_052029.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Dang lol thats alot of slate not worry they topper over lol are those real plants all and all nice setup

Yes it's anubias and i need afew more. Thats alot of slate indeed and no i made sure it was quite sturdy. My fish love it. Knocked one over doing a water change but everything else stood fine.

**** ...where can I get slate stones like yours? Those are sweet

Well i got mine from a garden centre,i dont know what they call them ovee there in the US but somewhere you go and buy pebbles for gardens, ponds, plants and stuff like that but slate is quite expensive.

Nice setups guys! well done! Heres my baby!

Great tank.

It looks like those are live plants. Can you tell me what you have in there and how your Mbunas do with them? I'd really like to get my tank planted, but I'm not sure how my fish will do with the plants.

Great tank.

It looks like those are live plants. Can you tell me what you have in there and how your Mbunas do with them? I'd really like to get my tank planted, but I'm not sure how my fish will do with the plants.

Yup! All live! Java Ferns are awsome (tall) and can be tied into rocks or even left floating if you wanted to! They work great!!! Except that mine are all in the sand and my fish are always digging caves under the rocks so sometimes I get home and I have to bury one again after their done digging! Like now..... lol! anyways those are good and they look awsome with my anubis! those have no problem at all, Infact I see my fish always takeing cover beneath their leaves :)! I say get some and try it out! No one eats these because they are tougher leaves. I do get some soft stem plants to float like water spirit and some other stem (most common plant in my opinion besides anubis) for the mbunas to eat. Even my SD wont eat them and they are to be kept away from live plants because they are their fav snacks! If you want a stock list let me know!

Yea really nice set ups every one! Each one awesome in its own way. But I too love that slate! Kudos all!!

Hutty

Rebuilt the 110 Mbuna tank. Let me know what y'all think.

image-1412086451.jpg

image-965034021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom