Mbuna Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All you need is good quality food. Rephasy isn't bad but I don't want to have to deal with a gel when dry pellets are better. I have many different fish (Africans, apistos, rams, tetras, rainbows, crayfish, etc and I feed mainly nls and its my favorite food. The only thing you could do is over some fresh veggies like once every other week. I can literally grab my Africans when I feed them they don't care until i move them.

All you need is good quality food. Rephasy isn't bad but I don't want to have to deal with a gel when dry pellets are better. I have many different fish (Africans, apistos, rams, tetras, rainbows, crayfish, etc and I feed mainly nls and its my favorite food. The only thing you could do is over some fresh veggies like once every other week. I can literally grab my Africans when I feed them they don't care until i move them.

This might be weird but I can hand feed my africans now, with peas they don't even care they'll swim into my hand and just munch away lol and I feed my blue cray nls now by hand but I just grab a pinch and reach down and sprinkle them in front of him and he'll almost crawl up on my hand. Its awesome!

This might be weird but I can hand feed my africans now, with peas they don't even care they'll swim into my hand and just munch away lol and I feed my blue cray nls now by hand but I just grab a pinch and reach down and sprinkle them in front of him and he'll almost crawl up on my hand. Its awesome!

That is awesome. I'm trying to get this group to be as interactive as my last group. My Red Coral Saulosi has a thing with my wife where she'll come over and greet her. It's pretty cool. The saulosi is the smallest fish in the tank so my wife thinks she's cute. Looks like I need to try a few things with feeding these fish. The sky is the limit, and thankfully, I have some time to work on it.

That is awesome. I'm trying to get this group to be as interactive as my last group. My Red Coral Saulosi has a thing with my wife where she'll come over and greet her. It's pretty cool. The saulosi is the smallest fish in the tank so my wife thinks she's cute. Looks like I need to try a few things with feeding these fish. The sky is the limit, and thankfully, I have some time to work on it.

Its a bonding thing with me lol its hard to grasp but I love my fish like my aquatic offspring ha but seriously though just try it out, they'll either warm up to you or they won't lol mine did it after 2 or 3 times

I've got to try it. whenever they see my hands it's because I'm rearranging their world.

Yeah and with mine whenever I make a change to the scape they hang around my hand they don't take off, its cool I like to think they're curious as too how I'm lifting their world and changing things. Idk that's just me lol

Yeah and with mine whenever I make a change to the scape they hang around my hand they don't take off, its cool I like to think they're curious as too how I'm lifting their world and changing things. Idk that's just me lol

I have some that attack my hand.. only my albino socolofis though my nyererei stands guard an doesnt let anyone near me without a fight .. its kinda cute.. he lets me feed hik by hand some of the others do to but he is my fav so it makes it more special ;)

I have some that attack my hand.. only my albino socolofis though my nyererei stands guard an doesnt let anyone near me without a fight .. its kinda cute.. he lets me feed hik by hand some of the others do to but he is my fav so it makes it more special ;)

Awesome, remember no favorites, siblings get jealous lol jk

Awesome, remember no favorites, siblings get jealous lol jk

I'll get there one day. Mine are all still babies!

Back
Top Bottom