media suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just go with tons of flow. Goldfish are messy. I'd even go with two for a tank if you can. Is it the 35 gallon?

tons of flow as in adding a powerhead or something? My canister doesn't flow very fast which is bothering me. I'm definitely not putting two canister filters on a 35 gallon tank though...the fish aren't THAT important to me lol.

No offense, but regardless of the animal their health should be of importance. If it is not, why bother "caring" for it then? Depending on what type of canister you have, you may need to upgrade because as mentioned, they are rather messy animals. I would have filter floss along with carbon in your canister and rinse out the filter floss weekly, carbon replacement bi-weekly or monthly. You could always add an hob, but a secondary small canister wouldn't be so bad for just chemical media and using the larger for mechanical media....many options really.

What size canister filter do you have on your 35g?

As for media, all I run in any of my planted tanks is foam pads and filter floss on an as-needed basis. On my non-planted tank, I do the same, except I also run ceramic rings.

Back
Top Bottom