meds, what one to get? (Malafix&Pimafix Qs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My poor little pleco is getting hungry as there is no alge, so i thought about getting him some food, i dont now what 1 is best to get him as i have never got any before, this is the website were im thinking of getting him some,

http://www.atlantisaquatics.co.uk/acatalog/catfishfoods.html

Has anyone used any of these ( i dont now if anyone would of because of the UK thing) if you have what 1 do you think is best?

Thanks for your time :)

I feed my otos Hikari Algae Wafers and they love it. I don't think there would be much difference for a pleco. I got them at wal-mart, they also sell larger ones at petsmart of the same brand.

I give mine two small algae wafers every night.
Hm more than i thought you would! Has anyone had experience with the 1's for sale on the website?

wow this place actually has Melafix & Pimafix for sale, just to have handy on the side should i get some, it dosent say what API Melafix 480ml is????, is it the same as API Pimafix 240ml, or just the same a normal Melafix but slightly different, any help would be great, again :oops:

Thanks plecoperson its an Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus! yeah....

i like how you say pl*co like its a swear word,

my pleco doesnt seem to care for the algae waffers...i dunno what he's been eatting for the last couple days in a new 55 gal though

I have a bristlenose plec and he likes algae wafers. Mine also likes cucumber. Alot of people feed their plecs zucchini, so I'd try that too!

You can try the algae wafers, veggies, and even some bottom feeder carnivore food...he might like that too.

cool, il try him on some got nothing to lose, dose anyone now abut the meds?? please

imrandome1 said:
cool, il try him on some got nothing to lose, dose anyone now abut the meds?? please

you will be using melafix ALOT more than pimafix. grab that big bottle. you should always have these two as well as a few others.

imrandome1 said:

you will be using melafix ALOT more than pimafix. grab that big bottle. you should always have these two as well as a few others.

I feed the Zukes a couple times a week to our Plecos. Slice ~3/8" thick, zap for 60 secs. Cool them, then weight them by spearing and bending lead plant holders. They love it, as well as cooked peas, shell removed. Young cooked spinach out of the garden causes a feeding frenzy hre. If the Plecos are to get any, I have to bait the other fish away with mosquito larvae. Just got a pait of Clown Pleco's a week ago. I hope they're still here. I never see them.

CH

wow this place actually has Melafix & Pimafix for sale, just to have handy on the side should i get some, it dosent say what API Melafix 480ml is????, is it the same as API Pimafix 240ml, or just the same a normal Melafix but slightly different, any help would be great, again
you will be using melafix ALOT more than pimafix.

okay so il get both but is API melafix the same as melafix? and they only API Pimafix not Pimafix is that okay :?:

API stands for Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. The brand name... API is the trademark. Should be the same stuff. SOmetimes they just put the API sometimes they don't. To my knowledge, no one else makes Melafix and Pimafix or equivalents yet.

Back
Top Bottom