Melanogenys Holding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
The fall breeding is definitely in the air. So many with holding females. Just had my batch of Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Ndole Bay fry a week ago. Raising Callochromis Stappersii fry - had 2 different females hold 3 times now, but must have ate them - bad moms. Just moved my Enantiopus Melanogenys to their own tank with the Callochromis fry and they started mating behavior in 24 hours and just found one holding this morning. I didn't think they were old enough yet! :dance: Woopiee!!! Now to make the statement for a big fishroom for Christmas since I have so many Tanganyikan cichlid fry around. (y)

Here's some pics of them. Just little guys not even in full color yet. I have a video I need to upload and can add later. Callochromis fry photo bomb photos sometimes. LOL

77805-albums12939-picture63960.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture63961.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture63962.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture63963.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture63964.jpg

The fall breeding is definitely in the air. So many with holding females. Just had my batch of Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Ndole Bay fry a week ago. Raising Callochromis Stappersii fry - had 2 different females hold 3 times now, but must have ate them - bad moms. Just moved my Enantiopus Melanogenys to their own tank with the Callochromis fry and they started mating behavior in 24 hours and just found one holding this morning. I didn't think they were old enough yet! :dance: Woopiee!!! Now to make the statement for a big fishroom for Christmas since I have so many Tanganyikan cichlid fry around. (y)

Here's some pics of them. Just little guys not even in full color yet. I have a video I need to upload and can add later. Callochromis fry photo bomb photos sometimes. LOL

I wish I could say this for my Multi's They were breeding like crazy and just stoped a couple months ago

Back
Top Bottom