merging 2 tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am planning to get a 55 Gal Marineland tank and move my fish, gravel and decoration from my 2 tanks, one 10 Gal and one 29 gal.
Any suggestions about the best way to do it?
By the way, the placement for my new 55 it will be EXACTLY where my current 2 tanks are, have them one next to each other on my dining room counter.
Thanks in advance.

Basically just set everything up like it would in a new tank, just add all the old substrate and filters w/ media in the tank. Start it up, get the fish acclimated and in the tank, watch your parameters in case of a mini-cycle, and you're done.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Basically just set everything up like it would in a new tank, just add all the old substrate and filters w/ media in the tank. Start it up, get the fish acclimated and in the tank, watch your parameters in case of a mini-cycle, and you're done.

Thanks, Should I put all fish from the 29 gal in the 10 gal first, empty it out, move non living items in 55, set up with water and everything then move all fish in the 55 gal?

almcloud said:
Thanks, Should I put all fish from the 29 gal in the 10 gal first, empty it out, move non living items in 55, set up with water and everything then move all fish in the 55 gal?

That or buckets is fine. It's just a straight transfer of everything so move it all then acclimatize the fish and your good to go.

Mumma.of.two said:
That or buckets is fine. It's just a straight transfer of everything so move it all then acclimatize the fish and your good to go.

Thanks.
PS: my Black Molly (Cesar) is doing fine :)

almcloud said:
Thanks.
PS: my Black Molly (Cesar) is doing fine :)

CESAR?!?! LOL I have a Dalmatian Molly Cesar... :)
I'm a dog trainer, and as we started naming our fish after dogs we named him after Cesar Millan the Dog Whisperer... :)

ocminpin said:
I'm a dog trainer, and as we started naming our fish after dogs we named him after Cesar Millan the Dog Whisperer... :)

Nice, lol

ocminpin said:

I named mine after the Roman emperor because when I first introduced him to my 29 gal he was mainly swimming around and thru my Roman Relics decorations (see my pic gallery) ... :)

Back
Top Bottom