Messed up temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its odd..my temp gets lower in the night and mornings, like 76, then in the afternoons to evenings it gets to around 80! Why? I have a heater, shouldnt it regulate the temperature more closely?

The heater, if big enough, should keep it at the minimum temperature you set it at. If the ambient (room) temperature is warmer than that setting there is nothing the heater can do, so if the temperature fluctuates in the house then that is your culprit.

If it drops down below the setting you have on the heater at any substantial amount then the heater isn't doing it's job, either its too small or not working right.

Hmm well out A/C has been not working properly..and it has been kind of hot out. But wouldnt this be irritating for the fish?

It's not ideal, but it's not really the end of the world. Nature shifts some aquatic environments more than a few degrees on a daily basis, so I believe most fish are fine with a minor temperature change, but it is something you may want to rectify if possible.

Ok, maybe ill keep a fan on, or try to keep that room cooler, to the eater could bring it up if necessary

Back
Top Bottom