metal aquarium stands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently got a 55g tank off craigslist and the stand that came with it had some places that werent very sturdy(cheap plyboard type stand) i found a great deal on a metal one to use until i save up the money to get the one I really want. How do these metal stands hold up? it kinda worries me that there will be no support in the middle of the stand ie. like an extra brace...is this just a paranoia thought?? anyone elses thoughts about this??:blink:

Steal I think. I was wondering if I could put something on the top and then set the tank there?

hcourts said:
Steal I think. I was wondering if I could put something on the top and then set the tank there?

Maybe you could put plywood or something but the metal will hold pretty good I got a steel stand still holding around 700lbs but no center support.

If your tank is glass with a plastic frame and the frame is supported all the way around and level you should be ok. If your tank is plexi then you'll need support.

ezy33 said:
If your tank is glass with a plastic frame and the frame is supported all the way around and level you should be ok. If your tank is plexi then you'll need support.

True I just assumed you add glass!

It is glass. And it has a black support frame. I think I am just having bouts of paranoia:/

Stand will be fine, just make sure it is well painted or powdered coated, otherwise you'll be dealing with lots of rust.

I thought about that renegade. I will spray it before I set it up just in case. It's temporary so I can save the money to get the wood one I want. My husband saves for his golf and I for fish;) but I can't stand and want the tank up and running;) thank you guys/gals for all your thoughts and advice

Back
Top Bottom