Metal Halide not Working and Story behind this light!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
First my question then my story-

I have a 250w metal halide the actinic compacts work fine but when I turn the metal halide on it comes on doesn't quiet light up then shuts off again. Any idea whats wrong? They sent me a new ballest no luck.

Story- I ordered a Metal Halide light of ebay it was $350 roughly. It first came broken I was like OK a postage error. Then when I sent it back it took 2 months to get back because it got lost in the mail! Both the light and ballest were smashed. Then they sent me a new one I was like wonderful. Turns out metal halide worked but they sent me square pin compacts no staright. So I needed to call them up and get new ones sold the old ones. Then evertyhing was fine for a week then the metal halide did what it started to do as I stated above so I called them up and they sent me a new one. Still have old one. Well I plugged new on in NO LUCK! So now its been about 4 months and still it is not working! I ordered off eBay from PSL sales worst experience of my life. Please take note and let me know if you had a good expeirence with them or one like mine!

I bought a dual 175 watt set up from cooltouchlighting.com and had an excellent experience. Their ballasts and fittings are top quality and heavy duty. The setup, with full length polished reflector was only $260, shipping included.

Sorry for your experience.

Thing finally turned on after about 4 hours! Maybe it just needed to power up. Funny thing is I was looking up new MH lights and I found one and BAM it turned on. HA! I will see tommrow if it turns on quicker I hope so!

Back
Top Bottom