Micro bubble solution?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmDaryl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Now that I have my upgraded system up and running I am experiencing some problems with micro bubbles (MB).

At first my plan was to have the Protein Skimmer run into the bubble trap, but the trap couldn’t handle it so I had to return it back to the first chamber.
:confused: I know I’m double skimmer but what else could I do?

That help a bit with the MB but now the PVC to the refugium was also creating a lot of MB. I tried making sure that the return pump section was kept full but that really didn’t help much.

Desperate now I thought…why not float some filter padding in the sump and see what happens…Presto-Chango no more MB.

It is a good idea to keep an eye on the pads and change them periodically; you wouldn’t want to create nitrate factories!

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 29_G_Sump 27.jpg
    29_G_Sump 27.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 130
I was wondering...if of the reasons for the refugium is to provide a place where small creature can multiply and then supply my MT, will the filter pad I have floated on the refuge spillway block that migration?

Oh and since my last post I have been able to move the Skimmer return back into the bubble trap by adding more filtering in the trap. Working good now.

Back
Top Bottom