Micro bubbles from sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

furrymurray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was going to see if anyone has suggestions on how to decrease microbubbles going into the display. I know where the bubbles are coming from and was able to reduce the bubbles with a filter sock BUT I had to remove the sock to increase the flow because the section where it is coming from is where I dose my calcium and alkalinity.

Ok here is how my sump is set up. It has two drains, one on each end. It has three chambers. First chamber is for the skimmer and has baffles which work great. The next chamber is where the sump returns into the tank. The last chamber has a section for a refuguim. That is where the bubbles are coming from. It does not have baffles but a wall with "teeth". The water drains from the teeth and then has about a 4 inch water fall to the center section which is returned into the tank. Any ideas to help this?

I was going to see if anyone has suggestions on how to decrease microbubbles going into the display. I know where the bubbles are coming from and was able to reduce the bubbles with a filter sock BUT I had to remove the sock to increase the flow because the section where it is coming from is where I dose my calcium and alkalinity.

Ok here is how my sump is set up. It has two drains, one on each end. It has three chambers. First chamber is for the skimmer and has baffles which work great. The next chamber is where the sump returns into the tank. The last chamber has a section for a refuguim. That is where the bubbles are coming from. It does not have baffles but a wall with "teeth". The water drains from the teeth and then has about a 4 inch water fall to the center section which is returned into the tank. Any ideas to help this?

You need more baffles in the sump

Its an acrylic sump. Is there a way to add them without having to break everything down?

Ok. Think i found an easy fix. I lined up live rock near the water fall and that seems to trap the bubbles :)

Ok. Think i found an easy fix. I lined up live rock near the water fall and that seems to trap the bubbles :)

Cool that's good, and I was thinking you could prob do the DIY tank divider as a baffle, no glue just sliding in

Back
Top Bottom