Micro bubbles w/ Fluval 406!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brandynhg288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im having an issue with micro bubbles that are giving my tank a cloudy look. Ive cleaned the filter out recently and added filter floss but still have the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

I have had this problem before. My issue was a small leak in my filter, just enough to suck in air. My issue was a gasket. Hope this is helpful.

I have had this problem before. My issue was a small leak in my filter, just enough to suck in air. My issue was a gasket. Hope this is helpful.
Good point, could possibly be where my hose connects to the inlet, ill try to put that connection under the water and see if it goes away. Its extremely annoying for it makes my water look cloudy

Great point about the micro bubbles and the loose connection. I had them in my large tank before and just lived with it. After cleaning out the canister and putting it back they disappeared! I don't know what caused it, but after your comment it would make complete sense that was the issue.

brandynhg288 - just to verify, if you tried turning the filter off, would the tank be clear and nice looking after giving it a couple minutes to settle? Just trying to make sure that is all that is the issue.

Great point about the micro bubbles and the loose connection. I had them in my large tank before and just lived with it. After cleaning out the canister and putting it back they disappeared! I don't know what caused it, but after your comment it would make complete sense that was the issue.

brandynhg288 - just to verify, if you tried turning the filter off, would the tank be clear and nice looking after giving it a couple minutes to settle? Just trying to make sure that is all that is the issue.
So i tried putting the connection under water and it hasnt made a difference. Think i might tear down my filter and lubricate all the seals and o rings with petroleum jelly or what ever is recommended

What about the intake plastic tub which connects down at the base above the impeller. Is it down all the way and back all the way? Fitted into the base part nicely? What is your filter brand model/size??

What about the intake plastic tub which connects down at the base above the impeller. Is it down all the way and back all the way? Fitted into the base part nicely? What is your filter brand model/size??
I have it shoved on there pretty good and i have the lock nut pretty tight, its a fluval 406

I have it shoved on there pretty good and i have the lock nut pretty tight, its a fluval 406

Oh, not a HOB. Mine which was causing all those bubbles is a Fluval FX-5 and I don't know what exactly it was, but good & no bubbles after putting it back together. Maybe someone with this specific filter will know!

Oh, not a HOB. Mine which was causing all those bubbles is a Fluval FX-5 and I don't know what exactly it was, but good & no bubbles after putting it back together. Maybe someone with this specific filter will know!
So i made sure its tight but there is still some evidence of the bubbles, not as bad but still not great

check the propeller if its seated correctly and not worn out , I had that micro bubble issue for the longest time till I finally replaced the worn out propeller , sometimes it's the simplest fixes that we overlook.

check the propeller if its seated correctly and not worn out , I had that micro bubble issue for the longest time till I finally replaced the worn out propeller , sometimes it's the simplest fixes that we overlook.
Ok ill look into it, have to tear down my filter soon anyway. How can i tell if its worn out besides the obvious worn fins

Back
Top Bottom