Micro sword grass questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys just wanted some info/exp with micro sword grass. I currently have some planted in a 40g comm tank with eco complete substrate and I'm dosing flourish daily. The sword is growing as far as I can see but it doesn't really carpet just grows everywhere but in the soil, it shows roots that I just keep pushing down and there's always small pieces of it floating around that I also grab and re-plant, it just seems pretty chaotic lol there anyway I can make it carpet nicer??

Brookster is right. Carpeting is difficult or impossible without co2. Since you didnt mention lighting i will assume you need more. We need to know wattage or par value or micromols. Some way to judge your light situation

So close too 2 watts per gallon and the tanks 17 inches high with 80 pounds of substrate which should be around 3 inches of it I think

I've got a 10k super sunlight and 6.7k pink one that's for growth I think on my fixture if that helps anything

I'm using flourish excel, soon to be metricide 14 and for fertz I'm using flourish trace which doesn't rlly do much from what I hear, aaand I'm using osmocote + for the root feeders ( which are growing awesomely) =]

You need a full fert regiment, for the time being see if you can grab some flourish comp and API leaf zone, look into green leaf aquatics dry ferts if you're serious about getting plants going..

Alright I've looked at the dry fertz just haven't gotten myself to buy them, I'll order me the pps pro tonight then will that do it for carpeting awesomeness? Or should I look into stronger lights 2?

Also if I do decide to do co2 what would u guys recommend? As in which gauges and etc. Would last mW forever? Since If I do decide to buy one I might as well get me a badass one. And brookster ur awesome ^^ thanks for all the help and advice you always give to everyone on here =] p.s sorry for bombarding you with questions I'm full of em =]

Back
Top Bottom