Micro Swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have experience with micro swords? Advice needed on planting it into the substrate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have it in both of my planted tanks. One has eco complete gravel, the other has flourite. In the gravel tank I dug it in as best i could then sprinkled a few pieces on to to keep it anchored in. The flourite was a little easier. I just dug a hole, put it in, then speed it back around then just pulled up to only the roots were below the substrate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just planted it as my new experiment. Not looking good thus far due to my loaches. I knew this would be a test of patience. But it's so pretty :)

In my experience, micro chain swords tend to due off when moved or first added then they grow right back like nothing happened.

If they start looking bad, dont give up on them.

Thanks! I need all the mojo I can get.

Haven't had much success, they don't die but don't geo weather, just sits there, even with root tabs and every 2nd day I dose API Co2 booster. May just be something with me thigh, hope you have better luck.

Mine hasn't grown or died either, I suspect not enough light.

It's tricky ... Anything that gets it stuck down deep. First time I put it in first then held the strands up while putting in substrate, then pulled it up a touch. When I replanted it I sorta made little bundles and stuck them in deep by hand. No luck with tweezers with that one, for me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom