Microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I looked in my 10g the other day and I noticed a whole bunch of tiny dots moving quickly around the tank. At first I thought they were some kind of miniature invert, but I took a closer look and I'm at least 90% sure that they're microbubbles. Why have they suddenly appeared in my tank? How can I stop them from being produced? Also, I'm just throwing it out there, is it possible that they could prevent plants from pearling? Because the other day my plants were pearling beautifully but it was too late to get a pic (this was when I didn't have the bubbles, or at least didn't notice them). For the past two days, they haven't pearled. I was just curious if the cause could be the bubbles, or if maybe it was something else (on the day they had pearled, I did a pwc a few hours earlier, maybe that's why they pearled lol.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

i had a filter that started throwing microbubbles in my tank. I ended up having to play around with the intake tube until i got some air worked out of it. I'd say they were "pearling" because of the microbubbles caused by the pwc ;)

Back
Top Bottom