Midas blenny not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daney90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I have this new fella for a week now and I really haven't seen him ate food. I normally feed every other day and when I got the blenny i feed everyday for 3 days to get him to eat but he just sits on the sand and watch the others. He looks like he lost weight compared to when I first saw him in the lfs. I feed different kinds of food- flakes, pellets, Mysis, brine, bloodworm. How long will it take him to get comfy and start eating? Im worried..

You can try soaking the food in garlic extract. It makes the fish go crazy for it! Also you could try hatching your own brine shrimp. Nori sheets would be good to get too. My midas blenny seems to like that stuff. Hopefully he gets adjusted and eats.

You can try soaking the food in garlic extract. It makes the fish go crazy for it! Also you could try hatching your own brine shrimp. Nori sheets would be good to get too. My midas blenny seems to like that stuff. Hopefully he gets adjusted and eats.

I tried soaking the nori with the garlic extract few days ago and he didnt eat. Maybe I'll try doing that again when I get home tonight. Thanks

Did you have any luck yet. They are really cool fish. I just got one yesterday. Mine eats flake, sinking pellets and algae sheets. I hope he eats for you.

Did you have any luck yet. They are really cool fish. I just got one yesterday. Mine eats flake, sinking pellets and algae sheets. I hope he eats for you.

Mine ate mysis yesterday :) I was soo happy lol!! Did you put your nori n a clip?

I'm glad he ate for you. And yes it is in a clip. My cleaners attack the fresh sheets of nori the second I put it in and my fish eat everything that is spread into the water. Then my coral beauty and midas pick at what is left for the rest of the day. My midas sleeps I'm my clip as well, they are interesting and great fish.

Back
Top Bottom