midevil and red texas pairing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winston1994

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
is it possible these two types of fish could pair up?

also beside nocturnal hump an sexing these two is there other characteristic to look for when determining male o female...?

thks...mike

Yes carpintis and red devil is the cross for a red texas and a kk parrot x carpintis for a super red texas. But why would you want to do that on purpose to a carpintis ?
Thing is it takes many tries to even come up with a decent looking fish.
Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the reason i thought of is cause the two i have... i have there tanks next to each other... so the they see each other .... but then the devil started acting funny and moving an piling up rock etc...the red texas is smaller and started to act more aggressive so i thought maybe i got male an female here... so i tried to put them together an everything was looking all right for the first 30 minutes then all of sudden the devil started to go after the texas so needles to say i took him out... so anyway if they did pair up an lay eggs i would just feed them... not looking to make money or anything...

It can be difficult to breed large centrals because one often beats the other fairly bad. Some times they will spawn a few times with no problem then one will flip out and kill its mate. I guess in the wild the weaker one can escape but with no where to go in a tank it happens. Many will have a divider with a hole that the smaller female can fit through that the male cant.
Although I have a hybrid (long story) I would never buy or create one.

Back
Top Bottom