Might be new to the forum but not to fish life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulieWog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, my name is Paulie I have like fish off and on for many years but got really serious about 6 years ago when a friend of mine bought me a beautiful 75 gallon aquarium with two dime size stinkpot turtles. I had to do a whole lot of home work to figure out how to keep these little guy and raise fish too. It has been fun and a very huge topic of conversation around my house. Stinkpots are both land and water turtles but for some reason both my turtle took to the water and only pop the tip of their noises out for air. They do not bass in the heat like other stinkpots...I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that they were raised with fish from the very begining.
I only have one of my turtles left now after 6 years due to one got out some how one night and died from being out of the water to long. Anyway, My turtle though he is a meat eater leaves the other fish alone unless they are sick and dying or extremely small fries. I went and bought him feeder fish which is recomenned and he refused to eat them we had to thunk them on the head so he would eat them. We feed him pellets and shimp now and he seem happy with that and my aquarium looks great because I have a dosile turtle. I am kind of sad right now because my husband and I are taking an assignment that is taking us to a smaller place which means I have to leave my bigger aquarium behind with my sister. I do have a 5 gallon take and am faced with what to take and what to leave. Well that is about it for now.
:fish2:

Welcome to AA! Lots of beautiful small planted tanks around, check them out for ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom