Mikes 75g FW Journey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJPO

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys! Hoping to have fun asking questions here and documenting my tanks progress!

Definitely going to have questions veeeeeery soon! Tank on!
---------------------------------------------
Substrate: Dirt w/ PFS

Lighting: - Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE
- Finnex Fugeray LED

Filtration: x2 Fluval AquaClear 110's

Ferts: - Seachem Flourish, Potassium, and Iron

CO2 injection.

Parameters: 0-0-5

20170804_161842.jpg20170804_161959.jpg20170804_161936.jpg20170804_162138.jpg

ALREADY have a question, to whomever happens to read this....

How should I go about planting this mat? Purchased it today and am unsure as to whether it should be left alone or deconstructed. Thanks in advance!
20170804_162104.jpg

ALREADY have a question, to whomever happens to read this....

How should I go about planting this mat? Purchased it today and am unsure as to whether it should be left alone or deconstructed. Thanks in advance!
View attachment 302284

That's hydrocotyle Japan. You can be really savage with it. Just trim to whatever size and shapes u want and then push some into the substrate (leaf and all) and it will fill you tank in a matter of weeks lol the stuff is so fast growing I just removed it from my tank because I couldn't handle trimming it every week lol

That's hydrocotyle Japan. You can be really savage with it. Just trim to whatever size and shapes u want and then push some into the substrate (leaf and all) and it will fill you tank in a matter of weeks lol the stuff is so fast growing I just removed it from my tank because I couldn't handle trimming it every week lol
Wow, ok! Maybe I'll put some sort of barrier beneath the sand to keep it from spreading and confide it to one area. Think that would work? Not sure how deep these roots go or even how it propagates.

Just noticed this new growth on the tiger lotus, I believe? Not totally positive on this name because the LFS didn't know what it was called. Can't believe I'm just seeing this, because it looks like it's been there awhile. Even popped up on the other side of the crypts!

20170804_181224.jpg

Just noticed this new growth on the tiger lotus, I believe? Not totally positive on this name because the LFS didn't know what it was called. Can't believe I'm just seeing this, because it looks like it's been there awhile. Even popped up on the other side of the crypts!

View attachment 302290

Don't worry about the roots, you can just jam the plant into the substrate at any area and it will continue to grow ;) it's pretty evasive so a barrier would be a good idea, however it tends to grow all and as the flow push's it it will tend to tangle to other plants [emoji106] very hardy plant so don't be shy to cut the hell out of it when it gets abit big, you'll never kill it

Absolutely love this light setting. Looks so fun for when people come over and you don't want the bright settings on.

20170805_195744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom