Mike's Algae Powered Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow looking good! Were these freehand or did you pick up a tripod? The focus looks much better.

that plate is awesome, nice work my friend nice work ! Keep this up and i am going have to take Fort off retainer and put you on, for my next build

Thanks . It is still adjusting . It was out and looking good for most of the day . Now its kinda slumped over . We will see what it does tomorrow .

Well one of my first coral additions to the tank was a 7 mushroom pack. 2 of them wouldn't stay put so I tossed them into the flow and let nature take its course . I forgot all about them until today. While turning off the algae scrubber lights this morning I found a nice purple mushrrom with an orange center about bigger than a quarter attached to the top of the return pump . Going to rescue it from sumptown today after work .

Well it wasn't a mushroom . Not sure what it was but it may have been some type of purple eggs.I thought I was having a lucky day lol .

Not sure but I did toss it in the trash. There seems to be another one growing on top of the loc line segments . I will let it grow out some more then take a few pics.

Here is another one of the things I found growing on the return pump . Any ideas?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130525_091752.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130525_091752.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 112
Well after many months of not updating I have bad news. Light basically got fried and cause a slight fire ball . So I ditched the canopy and I am just going to keep it fish only for a while.
In other news the angler is doing great and eats like a champ. Seems to like exploring now that the corals are gone which is a plus.Any who a few pics.

031 by illfixurwhip, on Flickr

036 by illfixurwhip, on Flickr

039 by illfixurwhip, on Flickr

That is one ugly fish, so ugly in fact i think I like it!

Glad your tank is coming along after such a bad turn, it happens though and the best you can do is mutter through the bad times and stay strong.

A face only a mother or father could love. I like how slagathor looks like he's peering out from around the rock as if to say "how you doing???"

Back
Top Bottom