Mini fissidens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know where I can buy some mini fissidens? I looked on ebay and aquabid, ebay only has them being shipped from around the world and aquabid doesnt even have them...

The reason you don't see them too often is there are very mixed results when attempting to grow them submerged. I wouldn't recommend them unless you have high light, good steady CO2 injection, and good success with other finicky plants. Some folks go so far as to claim many of the more common fissendens species are not aquatic, but I don't believe this to be the case. I had limited success with them several years ago, but never anything to write home about.

eBay is usually the only place I see them - they usually ship out of China or Malaysia.

I accidently got some fissidens fontanus in my tank (I'm assuming from a plant shipment and it attached to one of my large pieces of DW. I have a high light 220g that I use liquid carbon glutaraldehyde in and it is growing and spreading like crazy. When I went to look for it for sale I only found it from out of the country sellers. Here's a photo of what mine looks like. It is beautiful if you can find it. Google Image Result for http://www.aquamoss.net/Fissidens-fontanus/images/Fissidens-fontanus-08.jpg

I appreciate the advice ya'll I decided to go with some dwarf sagitaria instead because of the lack of accessibility of fissidens. I have looked in a few LFS all over my state and no one carries them.

Back
Top Bottom