Minimum size tank for kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeborahJane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have approx 30 baby kribs in with their parents at the moment...parents have just laid another set of eggs and are chasing the babies away....what is the minimum sized tank I can have for the 1st lot of fry....they are about 1/2" long at the present...I am in the process of setting up a Juwel 190 Trigon but it will be a bit longer till thats ready.

First, what are you going to end up doing with all the fry?

I brought mine to my lfs, but he wouldn't take them until they were 5 months old, so they could sex them.

If you have 30 fry, I'd have at least a 20 gallon grow out tank for them.

I found that by leaving the fry in the main tank, the parents didn't spawn quite as often. If they're going to spawn successfully every 4 weeks, you're going to have a lot of grow out tanks.

I have a mature tank thats got community fish in it at the mo...I am going to put the male krib in there, hopefully he will be ok. My LFS has already said that they will take my fry when they can be sexed...dont want to rehome either of the adult kribs but must stop them breeding...I thought by leaving the fry in with them they wouldnt breed for a while...ooops:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom