Minnow lost his lips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmaitch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have been fostering a friends aquarium while they are out of the country. It is a approx. a 30g with 3 goldfish, 1 pleco, 2 upside down cats and one lonely minnow. They have been raised on a limited diet of goldfish flakes when I got them and only fed once a week. In my care I feed twice a day and added bottom feeder pellets (Wardley shrimp formula) for the bottom feeders which of course the goldfish love and the minnow grazes on as they break up. About three weeks ago I noticed the minnow had a gaping maw for a mouth. All the forward structure was missing. He was darting around eating well and no noticeable change in behavior until the last few days and his eating habits are slowing down. I do clean the gravel every week to 10 days and add back fresh water. The temp. is generally at 78.

I can't see that any fungus is present (even with reading glasses on). I have included two pictures of him that I just took...hard to catch a good shot of the little guy and more so to get a clear picture of his mouth!

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpg
    IMG_0793.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 60
I have a glo fish who lost his upper lip recently, I have no idea how to help with it though I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom