MIRACLE MUD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it in my refuge. Seems to be OK. I have two inches of sand on top of it.

It used to be very popular in fuges, but not so much anymore. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's junk either.

yea i been doing a few searchs on it for the past few days and i dont think i am going to get it. but i still have the problem of i am empty in my refuge. i have nothing but a small pouch of chemical. i realy dont know what to put in there. its a HOB one so. i am kinda limited on how much i could put in there. its holds about 6g of water. i think i might get more LR , i guess u can never have to much LR. then mabey some plants for natrate reducer.
if u guys have any suggestions please let me know

Chetomorpha macro algae is great for lowering PO4 and NO3. It does not go sexual like Caulerpa, so there is no need to worry about it releasing the nutrients back into the water, and it grows very fast. It will also, like LR, provide an area for pods, mini-stars, etc. to reproduce and live, boosting the pod numbers in the main. Lighting the fuge when the main lights are out may help reduce the PH drop at night. The cheato uses CO2 and releases O2.

Back
Top Bottom