Mirror as Tank Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
I made a thread a few weeks ago about using a mirror as a background. At the time I didnt have a picture that really showed it off well. I finally have a pic that makes it look as good as it does in person. I moved the log covering the path in the center. Now the mirror makes it look like the path continues.

Before
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402466345.112829.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402466413.992292.jpg

As a side note, most of my fish got CO2 gassed today while I was at work all day which is why the second pic has no fish ? the regulator malfunctioned and pumped the whole 5lb tank of co2 into the tank. I have no idea how it happened. The dwarf gourami survived and I was able to revive two corys. They were belly up but still breathing. I remembered when fishing for musky, when you let them go to hold them right side up until the gain the strength to do it themselves. I did this with the two corys for ten minutes and they were able to survive... It was a rough night.

I dont think so. It was my first time using a tank larger than a paintball size tank. It was a little under half way full i think.

I have my tank in front of a mirror too. I like it because it allows me to see what's going on behind the plants and driftwood. I take it for granted, but I wouldn't be able to see some things if it weren't there, because the tank is basically up against a wall. I can see myself wanting a mirror as a background in future tanks as well.

That's really cool! I like the path winding off into.the distance, well done sir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have my tank in front of a mirror too. I like it because it allows me to see what's going on behind the plants and driftwood. I take it for granted, but I wouldn't be able to see some things if it weren't there, because the tank is basically up against a wall. I can see myself wanting a mirror as a background in future tanks as well.

Yeah its definitely my favorite. Little pricey though. I had a piece a mirror made to fit onto the back and mounted it on the tank.

I have a 125G waiting to get setup with a HUGE mirror on the back as well. Excited to see how that comes out too.

Yeah its definitely my favorite. Little pricey though. I had a piece a mirror made to fit onto the back and mounted it on the tank.

I have a 125G waiting to get setup with a HUGE mirror on the back as well. Excited to see how that comes out too.

Oh, fancy. Mine just happens to be on a piece of furniture that already had a mirror attached and I realised how convenient it was afterward, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom