Missing Coral Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey, I just noticed after feeding my fish that my coral beauty wasn't part of the feeding frenzy today. Should I start moving rocks around tomorrow to look for it?

I probably would. Their grazing fish so not seeing it would worry me. Mine never really hide when I got mine.

I probably would. Their grazing fish so not seeing it would worry me. Mine never really hide when I got mine.

That's what I was afraid of :-( . I saw it daily for the last week ( it came with the tank ) I'm afraid it got buried under some rock. My engineer makes homes under everything and my blue headed wrass and coral beauty like to venture in to those homes...

+1

They are the type of fish that are always out there searching the rocks looking for copepods and always out when feeding.

Hope you find him

My coral beauty was out and about all day swimming around. Very active. Them I never saw him again. Figured the CUC took care of him, maybe he was sick. I wasn't gonna start moving things as I have a very stocked reef tank and moving rocks wasn't an option as things encrust and grow onto other rocks.

In short...

Good luck

My coral beauty was out and about all day swimming around. Very active. Them I never saw him again. Figured the CUC took care of him, maybe he was sick. I wasn't gonna start moving things as I have a very stocked reef tank and moving rocks wasn't an option as things encrust and grow onto other rocks.

In short...

Good luck

Yeah. I won't be moving the rocks as it'll be hours to get all if it moved back. I'll just keep testing do any spikes and adjust accordingly. It's a shame it was a pretty fish. The one thing I guess I should do is place all my rock on my glass, eh? As it is now, it's all just on the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom