missing flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

len

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
bought a flame angel about 10days ago ......undergo quarantine and been swimmin and eating nibins live rocks in the main tank for 5 days and......finally today ...i cant see it anymore? been wondering if the poor angel died? or hiding behind those rocks? what could it be? can anyone tell me more about the characteristics of thsi flame angel and could it be still surviving?
\
thanks

If the angel was active for 5 days and then suddenly disappeared, it probably is not alive. It could have gotten velvet or ick and died, or there could be something else at work in your tank. Please list all water parameters and any other signs exhibited by the fish. What is the tank size, filtration etc...

flame angel

other fishes are doing well... 2 fire goby , 2 purple goby, 2 clown, 1 foxface rabbit, 1 rock beauty, 1 doctor fish and 1 gramma dottyback
3 cleaner shrimp , 1 banded coral shrimp...

ph 8.2
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
calcium - 420mg/l
kh level - good
nitrate - 80mg/l

overflow system......36inc x 18 x 18 inch tank

please advised

but the flame is nibbin well those live rocks no symtoms of ich or disease.
if it dies what happen if i just couldnt remove the carcass from my tank?
just a 4cm size angel.....could it create nitrite in my tank?

thanks

Well if the fish looked good and the params aren't out of line...you may just be a victim of the sudden fish disappearance syndrome. It has happened to most reefers at one point or another. Sometimes fish are overly stressed and just die, sometimes there are things going on with them that we cannot see and test for. IME, there is more unexplained fish death than the explained. As for the fish causeing problems with the params....it is possible, but most of the time the scavengers tha live on the rock will take care of it for you before it becomes an issue. I wish I could be of more help, but there is really not enough info to go on to give any kind of decent opinion. Unfortunately in this hobby, sometime you will not know why your fish died :cry:

thanks

thanks for the advised reef.....i appreciate that atleast i know that his already dead than search all around everyday.

I'm not familiar with these fish 1 foxface rabbit, 1 rock beauty, 1 doctor fish are you sure it didn't get eaten?

485Dsc00326-med.jpg

This is a pic of len's main tank from his gallery. The Rock Beauty is the yellow and black large angel in the center of the tank, the foxface rabbit is the yellow white and black striped fish on the right side of the tank flaring it's dorsal fin, and the doctor fish is not pictured, but I assumed he meant surgeon fish (tang). None of the three would eat a flame angel, might have beaten it to death, but would not have eaten it.

IMO the tank was already over stocked and the flame should have not been added in the first place. Not to sound harsh but we have explained this before. Fish will die most of the time in a overstocked tank. Im not being mean but that is just the proven truth.

Back
Top Bottom