Missing GBR?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For whatever reason, I cannot find my female GBR! Her mate is just roaming around, and all as bright as ever. However, I just can't seem to find the other GBR anywhere! :c Where do you think she is? Hiding? I'm pretty scared right now and if anyone has any ideas on where she might be, that'd be much appreciated!

2 cories (peppered)
2 neon tetras
6 Rummies
2? GBR

45 gal

Either:
Dead
Guarding an egg nest
Jumped out

I'd check every flat surface you can think of to see if she's there with eggs.

I've never known GBRs to jump but you might also check the floor if you have an open top.

Other than that, good luck!

Found her remains behind a large rock. :( She lived for a bit over a year. I'm actually really sad - she had a lot of personality, and while not the most colorful GBR I've ever seen, she would flare up a lot during feeding. She was really enthusiastic and always hungry x). Rest in Peace...

Some questions now if I may -

1) I know have
1 GBR Male
2 Neons 6 RMNT
1 Glow danio :l
2 Peppered Cories

a 45 gal tank and a 20 gal tank.

What to do?

Question 2

will the male ever find love again? Meaning will he ever pair up again? Or should I just keep him on his own?

Question 3

How can I keep things like this from happening? It must have happened a while ago, as the body was pretty eaten/decomposed. Normally, I will notice strange behavior from fish but I thought nothing when the GBR wasn't there. Was this any fault of mine? I will admit I often skimp on my WC because my tank is so heavily understocked.

Thanks for all the help guys! :/

Back
Top Bottom