Missing Oto!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copachick

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have looked EVERYWHERE! We bpught 3 Otos a couple weeks ago. Just the other day we noticed that we have seen all 3 in awhile. Just two come out and play, eat, etc... Theyre doing great. We cannot find the 3rd one. We took out the cave we have, not in there. Looked underneat of the drift wood-ish pieces we have stacked in the middle, nothing. Looked in our Plants, nothing.
WHAt in the heck could have happened to him? :confused:

Oto's are rumored to be ridiculously tender and die for no obvious reason, particularly shortly after they arrive in the display tank. If he doesn't turn up, he's made it to the fish pond in the sky.

Yeah I know they die easily. We've had them in other tanks. And Im pretty sure by now he is no longer with us. But I still need to find him. Its obviously not good to have a decaying fish in the tank. I dont want that to hurt my fish. We just cant find him for the life of us.

It is not all that odd for a small fish to completely disappear. If you want to rip the whole tank apart to find the body, go for it. If your levels are good and staying that way, it is not really needed.

I have Platys, Neons, HLTS's, silver tips, and a small Bala.

The nitrates have gone up a SMIDGE in the last week.. we are moving this weekend to our new house, so we are waiting to do a water change and all that. We will probably find him as we move and drain everything

We had a small catfish bottom feeder disapear once. We looked forEVER for him. We did a water change and realized he was inside of this hollow tree half rotted. ew

Back
Top Bottom