Mixing Africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeverumGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to buy most of my fish from Petsmart so I'm wondering which ones I can mix as I don't really trust their knowledge. Other than the "Assorted" tank, I like the Cobalt Blue Zebras, Albino Soccolif (not sure if that's right) and the Ahli. Any help would be appreciated

I'm going to buy most of my fish from Petsmart so I'm wondering which ones I can mix as I don't really trust their knowledge. Other than the "Assorted" tank, I like the Cobalt Blue Zebras, Albino Soccolif (not sure if that's right) and the Ahli. Any help would be appreciated

Haps like Ahli should be housed in six foot tanks and really shouldn't be mixed with mbuna. Depending on tank size determines how many mbuna species should be stocked...3 for 55-75g, 4 for 90-110g and 5 for 125g & up stocked with the end result of 1m/4f to reduce aggression and hybrids. I would also stay away from the "assorted" tank which in my opinion is a bunch of mix breeds they can't identify.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom