Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
Some of you may be seeing a slidedown notice for tapatalk (a mobile app). In the next week or so we are going to be changing our app. Please ignore the tapatalk notice for now but in a few days you should see a prompt to install our new app which is based on the tapatalk platform.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.

w00t w00t!!

Will the existing app just stop working when the new one is implemented?

I found you guys in the Tapatalk app! Is it okay to use now, or should I hold off for a little while?

I found you guys in the Tapatalk app! Is it okay to use now, or should I hold off for a little while?

So have i, and I'm wondering the same thing? And does it mean that this app will close? Thanks :)

You can use tapatalk, but there will be a new app coming out shortly to replace the current one, using the tapatalk platform instead of forumrunner. It will be exclusive for aquarium advice. I don't think the standard tapatalk app will work once the official app is released and functional.

You can use tapatalk, but there will be a new app coming out shortly to replace the current one, using the tapatalk platform instead of forumrunner. It will be exclusive for aquarium advice. I don't think the standard tapatalk app will work once the official app is released and functional.

Oh, great! In glad we still have our own app, that's fantastic!

Thanks!

I use tapatalk for a few other forums already, so was hoping to be able to keep using it rather than downloading another app. I used to have an unrooted Kindle Fire and Forum Runner worked just fine for AA even though I was not using our branded app (our branded app is not available in amazon appstore).

That may not be the case... But a couple other forums I'm on switched to a tapatalk based app and the standard tapatalk app no longer worked.

They did have a free (with ads) and paid (no ads) app, so that may be why... I guess we will find out.

i was never able to find it on Tapatalk.. the AA app always refreshed after i went out to another app do get an image code ... whatever i was writing would always be gone... when should this update be available .. ??

Mine has been updated. Nice fresh look to it. Will require a little to get used to it. So far the thumbnails are not showing on my app

I was going through the apps on my phone that needed updating and noticed AA app needed updating. It's still dedicated to AA only but uses tatatalk platform (think I spelled that right)

hmm, the google play store doesn't have an update listed for this forum yet, and the old forumrunner app still works...

Back
Top Bottom