Mollie, Guppie Crossbreed!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edvinne

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw at the petshop fish that was a cross between mollies and guppies... now if I wanted mollie X guppie fish sould I get male guppies and female mollie or male mollies and female guppies!!!��

Hey! Look them up on YouTube. I hear their sterile and it's very hard to actually have them successfully live. I would buy two or three of the "muppies" and just see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want to hybridize the two, get male guppies, if you did it the other way the male molly would kill the small female guppies

Many of these hybrids are infertile or suffer from very high mortality rates.
The crossing could go either way as ; male molly /female guppy,
or female molly and male guppy.
Whether you try for muppies or gollies(there really is a difference ) you are on a harder breeding road(even for livebearers) then most would anticipate IMO.
Here's an old thread;
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/muppies-vs-gollies-206021.html

Good luck and keep us informed!

It really doesn't matter if you'd ad mollies or guppies to these hybrids. A hybrid between molly and guppy doesn't mean that they're infertile. They can be but it doesn't have to be. I'm saying this out of experience.

Are such hybrids strong fish → No way! In general they'll have a shorter lifespan than actual guppies and mollies.

Back
Top Bottom