Molly being bullied! Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jennybo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a molly (I think) in a tank with a male and female platy and a male and female guppy. They are constantly chasing the molly and biting at it's side. Would it help if I bought a couple more mollies or would that make the problem worse? Should I get some more female platy's to distract the other platy's and same with the guppies? Or is my only option to give my molly to my mom for her tank?

Attachments

• Fireblade.jpg
    Fireblade.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87
It honestly looks from the picture like theyre in too small of a tank. That could be why they are showing agression. I definitely wouldnt add more to the tank, unless im seeing it wrong

Well as far as i know, the platy , mollie and sword do best in groups of four, and are all live bearing. Maybe there is some kind of relation there...

Edit: The guppy is also involved in that group. What size is yout tank

Is the picture you are showing is of your 1 gallon tank. I see listed in your tank list a 12 and a 3 gallon what fish do you have in them?

They are all in a 12g tank. I have 4 fish that group together and are like a solid family. But the funny thing is that is my male and female blue platy, and my male and female guppy. Any other fish not in that group get bit and chased around the tank as soon as they come into the view of those 4. I really don't want to get rid of any but I don't want them to be bullied and not happy. I will bring the molly to my mom's house if I have too.

Back
Top Bottom