Molly has puff eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, my dalmation molly, Leonard, has a puffy eye. Only one, and no other effects. No side-swimming, laying, nothing abnormal. Could it have been an injury from other fish? They tend to chase each other a lot... or a plant? Or does he probably have a disease? He seems normal, chasing the platy and guppy, excited to eat, etc.

I gonna take a shot a guess that it's Popeye. I have treated for it before with a all around medicine

I think it's from a bacterial infection and not like ick or any other drop dead symptoms. Defently google it and see if the pictures resemble your fish

Your Molly

Ok, my dalmation molly, Leonard, has a puffy eye. Only one, and no other effects. No side-swimming, laying, nothing abnormal. Could it have been an injury from other fish? They tend to chase each other a lot... or a plant? Or does he probably have a disease? He seems normal, chasing the platy and guppy, excited to eat, etc.

Hello Nin...

Are you dosing standard aquarium salt for your livebearing fish? If not, I definitely recommend it. A rounded teaspoon in every 5 gallons of new, treated tap water will heal most injuries and help maintain a healthy immune system. Keep up with your water changes too. Changing out half the tank's volume at least every couple of weeks will keep the fish and plants much healthier.

B

No salt :(

Hello Nin...

Are you dosing standard aquarium salt for your livebearing fish? If not, I definitely recommend it. A rounded teaspoon in every 5 gallons of new, treated tap water will heal most injuries and help maintain a healthy immune system. Keep up with your water changes too. Changing out half the tank's volume at least every couple of weeks will keep the fish and plants much healthier.

B

Oops on the salt....

Back
Top Bottom