molly, platy, swordtail, cory cat 29g breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djtypykuhl

Aquarium Advice Activist
finally got done stocking my breeding tank.

12 mollies
12 platies
2 swordtails
3 cory cats
1 pleco

i have a 10g for all of the offspring, but i have a hunch that soon that wont be enough. the only LFS near me doesn't buy livebearers from personal breeders, so i'm on my own there... one of my friends is setting up a 10g for her daughter and has agreed to buy some fish from me, but that wont do much to the 50+ currently in the 10g (all 1cm or less long)

wish me luck, because i am going to need it!

currently in the 10g:

9 yellow/black mollies
10 black mollies
15-20? varrying orange platies
12 bronze platies

currently about 10-15 more varrying orange platies in the breeding net, i should be able to move them over here in about a week.

finally got done stocking my breeding tank.

12 mollies
12 platies
2 swordtails
3 cory cats
1 pleco

i have a 10g for all of the offspring, but i have a hunch that soon that wont be enough. the only LFS near me doesn't buy livebearers from personal breeders, so i'm on my own there... one of my friends is setting up a 10g for her daughter and has agreed to buy some fish from me, but that wont do much to the 50+ currently in the 10g (all 1cm or less long)

wish me luck, because i am going to need it!
are all of those the babies? in the 29g? trying to figure out this breeding thing myself... I have at least 17 molly fry and 3 platy fry in my community 20 gallon

Wow that's a lot of fish! Can you sell them on craigslist or such?
I know some schools will buy them for classrooms.
Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom