Molly Shaking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edmcq198

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

So I have recently bought a Molly from the local aquarium shop. They said she is most likely pregnant, and I also bought a male with her.

She is eating fine, swims all around the tank daily and gets along with all the other fish. I have noticed for the last two days she retreats to the back of the tank between a rock and a couple plants and shakes, only for about 3 seconds at a time vigorously as if she is shivering, stops and then repeats. It looks like she is trying to squeeze something out.

I have no idea if she is pregnant or not... there is a picture for reference. IMG_4684.jpg

Do I remove her? Put her in a breeding net or just let her have her fry in the tank? (I’m not bothered about keeping any)

Thanks for any advice !!

If She's pregnant you'll see a black spot on the inside of her on the back side of her belly. Does she go the surface and suck air? Some Molly's need some aquarium salt in the water. I'd test your water too. Could have something wrong. Many ammonia spike.

Back
Top Bottom