Moneywort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some moneywort today, I've done some research on it but there's not much out there. All I know is that they need medium light. I'm putting it in a 12g tank with 2 13w 6500k lights. I don't have any ferts being used, I'm not even sure what ferts to get. I don't think that they have flourish around here... And don't know anything about CO2... So how do I get my moneywort to thrive?

Also should I bury it or have it float? I'd like to plant it but I can float it if need be.

I have a couple moneyworts in my 10 gallon, but I use plantgro and co2. But i think they do best planted in the substrate, you could always try floating them. As for the lights, I think that is prefect.

I have some. It's planted in the back, has flourish root tabs in the vicinity if it wants to draw on them. I don't use CO2 or ferts for the water column. Everything says medium light, but mine is growing fine in low light--in just over a month and a half, it's gone from maybe six inches to almost 2 feet.

If they don't have roots then you can leave em floating until they grow some. I have a lot in my 36g under t5ho lighting and have to trim em every week.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful advice!!! Hopefully mine will turnout good:)

Back
Top Bottom