Moneywort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmrwiggly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have a moneywort that is now about 18" tall. I have noticed that there is something that is growing off the leaves. It's shaped like a tree branch and very thin. I tried getting a picture but the stuff is so thin I couldn't see it in the picture.

Hard to tell without pics, but I'm going with some sort of algae maybe? Try trimming the plant tho, it may be unhealthy because of lack of nutrients to the bottom leaves, as well as it shading other plants.

I did a water test after I posted this problem and this is what I had.
Ph =7.2
High ph =7.4
NH3/NH4 = 0 ppm
NO2 = 0 ppm
NO3 = 160 ppm

I did the hydrogen peroxide spot treatment but I spot treated too many areas and killed half of my fish. I see the staghorn is back so I did another water test these are the results.
Ph= 7.2
High ph = 7.4
NH3/NH4 = 0.25 ppm
NO2 = 0 ppm
NO3 = 160 ppm
I think the peroxide killed the good bacteria thats in the filter to bring the ammonia up. As for the NO3 I checked my supply water and found it had NO3 = 40 ppm. I just installed a fluval 406 canister about 1and a half months ago on a 75g tank with about 40 plants.

Back
Top Bottom