MonkeyMonk86's Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sink is still full of plants. Real driftwood not even in yet. There is aquarium stuff everywhere and I didn't feed my mom lunch yet.

I tried those tiers opposite each other and could not use the resin driftwood b/c it was too congested.

And, my eco complete and sand ended up mixed.

I prepared, read, watched videos and I am still the slowest fish in the pond. Ugh!!!

An eternity later, I'm done for today. I learned a big lesson. We each have to realize our limits. I'm giving the little boy upstairs my Eclipse 12 gallon. This one 29 gal is enough for me. ( My kids were right when they said, "No big tanks." And, they are both thrilled that I am giving away my 10 gallon. )

I still have to add my real driftwood, wisteria and water sprite ( if they survive the anti snail treatments) and moss wall and the water has to clear.

The "...worts" and java moss don't seem to survive the anti snail treatments. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398383832.999443.jpg

Next update is when my fish are in.

It looks really good! Very nice :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you, both, for your encouragement. I really needed it. I worked forever to get those 2 things in b/c I liked both of them so much.
The head was a birthday gift from my girls.

The resin driftwood should really be in a 50 gallon, but the hiding places are just so abundant and I have 1 bully fish.

I lost the tall right side plants and Miro balls to a fast spreading mold. Per advise, I turned off sanitizer and started N cycle and rest of white mold disappeared.

My natural CO2 system got installed this morning.

I still need to attach the moss to my drift wood and find a place for it. I chose the resin b/c it has a huge amount of hiding places. However, it took hours to sand b/c it had sharpish edges not only where the mould met but also on the bottoms and tops of the "shelves".

I'm following along! Can't wait to see what it looks like with fish :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That looks amazing. Totally worth the time spent. What are you planing on putting in there?

Looks amazing monkeymonk!!!

I am following, also any tips and trick you pick up along the way,....please share?

Thank you all so much!!! Your compliments mean a lot to me! I'm not sure on the future occupants.

I have 3 danios in holding, 1false julii corry and 1 emerald green "cory" all schooling, so I have to fill them in 1st. I'm not nuts about danios but perhaps in a larger group they won't be so nippy. So, I might have room for 1-3 other fish.

One constraint is water pH 8-8.2. The pH stabilizers that I've looked at say no plants. And, it's best for me to just pick a fish that goes with local water chemistry. Should I get sick, the kids would be too confused.

However, now adding CO2 my water pH should change somewhat. Same with after I add the driftwood. ( one piece has been soaking about 3+ months and both boiled daily for 3 weeks )

I love the steps you added on the substrate. Ive never seen that done before!!

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah those terraces are a great idea! Even so they're not natural, I'd make an exception for those. Great find!

She is very gentle and she guards the fish in their holding tanks. She's the only cat I trust. She does look at them on and off, but she mostly sits guard. She was raised with a dog and she's more dog like. My other 2 are feral (considered unadoptable) cats. Those 2, I've got to watch for awhile to see how they behave. I've tamed them, but for part of their lives, they survived on what they caught.

The terraces kept moving on their own and loosening up. I did som research on terraces and found that they are best accomplished by putting rocks in mesh bags under the substrate in the terraced area. I didn't have the rocks to do that with mine, so I just reworked it. I'll post photos when it looks better.

Looks good to me

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom