Mono Sebae Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rashad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone had any luck keeping Mono's in a freshwater non-brackish tank? I'm thinking about buying a few from a fish store in town. Of coarse the owner of the fish store says the fish will be ok in my tank.

Thanks.

They get huge and prefer schools, and live in full marine as adults. I don't think they will do well IMHO

No experience. I've read 1-2 posts of them being in freshwater. None of them grew to max length. Definitely not a good sign.

I think these fish are the coolest fish. But I believe the do better in saltwater and brackish? On tanked they said they can live in fw and sw, but I'm not sure about that :/

Has anyone had any luck keeping Mono's in a freshwater non-brackish tank? I'm thinking about buying a few from a fish store in town. Of coarse the owner of the fish store says the fish will be ok in my tank.

Thanks.
As juveniles they live in brackish waters, then slowly convert to full marine when adults. I would say it's not a good idea, unless you have a brackish and a marine tank...

Bought my first mono this morning. Great fish. 3 sources told me ok in an african tank.

Ashley73 said:
Bought my first mono this morning. Great fish. 3 sources told me ok in an african tank.

No way it will be ok with africans

Im not an expert by any means, new to africans. Local shop has a 5 ft x 4 ft tall tank with the most amazing rock wall. Tank has about 20 africans, 2 monos . I got the smaller one, the other is twice the size of mine. They have been in there for atleast 6 months. New guy on today so took the opportunity to talk him into selling to me from the display tank. I was told by their expert the mono sabea is ok, but the mono argent is a different story, needing a salt water tank when older. Another aquarium guy supportedthisso i purchased.. Hope this is correct as a beautifull fish.

Back
Top Bottom