Monster Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vanimal said:
I'll post pictures in about 3 months or so when I have it setup and running. I'm selling my 150 gallon tank for $650 on craigslist; it comes with stand, hood, working lights, the tank is in great condition, and a well functioning wet dry sump. Do you guys think that sounds reasonable??

I would go down to no more than $250

Really? I purchased it for $500 and it was covered in hard water stains and now looks almost new. And a brand new tank that size with everything I'm selling with it would be about $2000.

But most knowledgable people won't pay more than $2/gallon for a used tank setup, especially one with no full equipment set. Someone may eventually.

I was thinking I would do 650 obo so I could get around $500 for it and that's too much??

To me it is, but like I said prices vary from area to area. I got my 120 tank/stand only for $100. There are a lot of bigger tanks on Cl regularly though, and some prices are more realistic than others.

Yeah some people have their tanks that are smaller than mine for $1000+ I live in South Florida btw.

I was going to say throw on "obo" I've had a lot of success by just saying that

A complete 150g would sell for around $200-300 in this area. Many people ask for more but rarely get it. If it's like my area figure you'll get about half of what your asking.

Yeah I'm lowering the price every week it doesn't sell until I get to $400 obo.

Sorry, I know obo means you'll barter with the price but What exactly does it stand for?

And Dang, that's a while to wait to get your new tank set up

tarpon said:
Sorry, I know obo means you'll barter with the price but What exactly does it stand for?

And Dang, that's a while to wait to get your new tank set up

Or best offer

Hey guys,
Phase 1, done! I drained my 125 and moved my fish to the 45. Sold the coral insert and fish that came with my tank. I moved my black sand to the 220 and put up a background. And of course just my luck, I almost killed my ID Shark. Since they are actually a catfish they have spiny fins. Once I netted him it got caught. So I tried to pull it off but it was stuck so I had to cut my net with scissors. Now he is swimming around with a net on his fin. Here is a picture I just threw the decor in that's why it looks bad. I put all my live plants into my planted 10 and will put them back in later. My Dad said we can put water in the 220 this weekend so my fish will have a bigger tank soon. For filtration i have an Aquaclear 110 and a Bio Wheel 200. Any suggestions as to how I can remove the net?

image-789075826.jpg

image-4141169665.jpg

image-1154756339.jpg

image-3301439593.jpg

I would like to set up my tank similar to this one fish wise. What do you guys think?
does the link work?

I think your tank is too small for most of those fish. I d sharks get up to 4'

That show "Tank'd" gave an ID Shark to the kid in an 8 gallon (y)

Seriously though, most people grow them out and donate them once they outgrow the tank. I'm not saying it's ideal but I'd rather an ID shark go to a 220 where it can live for a couple years as opposed to going to some random 20H of a clueless person.

I've had mine for a while and they're still pretty small. My Pleco, Angelfish, and Eclipse Cat have grown faster than them. But in captivity they usually don't break more than 17 inches. But still that's a big fish!

Lexilove said:

In the video that tank is a 135 and mine would be going in a 220.

Back
Top Bottom