Moon light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmw

Aquarium Advice Regular
By one use moon lights for their aquarium at night so you an still see in, also a natural night light will that mess up plant growth or be bad in any way?

I have built in moon lights with my fixture, and it gives some light into the aquarium at night and whenever my HOs are off. :) Does give a whole other feel to the tank at night with the tint of blue (the moon feeling.) As for nightlights... I am not sure I really don't think that the light will be strong enough to affect the plants at all. :eek:

My moon lights are bright enough to concern me, too. I decided to have my timer keep them on for only about 4 hours during the night cycle. That way I can view the tank for a while after the lights are out but when I sleep, the plants and fish get to sleep in real darkness. I have heard of people having issues with really bright moon lights. The ones I had before my new ones were pure blue and really really dim. They stayed on all night and were fine. Probably comes down to how bright your LEDs are. If you think they might barely keep java moss alive all on their own shutting them off for at least 6 hours during the night is probably a good idea.

Yea I want to be able to kinda see but not to bright to affect my plants

Back
Top Bottom