Moonlight LED's cause accelerated Algae Growth????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VWVR6Love

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new 29 Gallon freshwater setup and i havent had many problems with anyting. its been running for about a month now and i hooked up my own LED setup for Moonlight. i have 5 3000 MCD Blue hi intensity LED's.

Has any one had any problems with accelerated Algae growth with their Moonlight Setup??

thanks for any help!! :wink:

you really shouldnt have any algae problems from the light.. its not the correct color to grow algae.. algae needs the same color light as fresh water plants.. HTH

and WELCOME TO AQUARIUM ADVICE!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the Welcome!!!
and thanks for the Help!!

I was wondering if it wwas hurting anything leaving them running all night long so i can see them when i wake up in the middle of the night for a drink of water. :)

It doesn't hurt anything. I had one on my 55 gal tank for quite a while before moving it over to the 150. It didn't harm the fish in any way. :D Welcome to AA.

Awesome!!!!

thats is good news!!
I run my Power-Glo light on a timer and it runs for 10 hours a day. so now i can move my time frame from 1PM-11PM back one hour to have the Power-Glo on at 12PM-10PM and i get to see the Lunar lights for a lil while before going to bed!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom