more agressive fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everybody, right now i have an albino corry, 2 tiger barbs, and a pleco in my 6 gallon tank. im thinking about some more tiger barbs, maybe like 3 more, but i want to know if there are some other cool agressive fish that i can get, maybe a shark??? just want some recomendations. thanks.

Well maybe 2 tiger barbs are too much in a 6 gallon, you shouldnt add any more fish to it. The shark needs at least 29 gallon. Besides, shark wouldnt mix well with peaceful pleco.

I had 5 tiger barbs outgrow a 15-gal tank in about 4 months, so I agree that you are stocked. I would recommend against any additional fish in that tank, unless you get a larger tank for the barbs and the pleco, and get 2 buddies for the cory cat, since they are schooling fish. Then you could get a small school of white clouds or neons for that tank, or a betta.

If it is a common pleco, then a 55 gal will be minimum requirements for it - some grow more quickly than others so I'm sure you will be able to tell when it is too big.

Back
Top Bottom