More honey gourami problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hils

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I went to my LFS to get another make honey gourami. They happened to have a pair that had been returned along with s bunch of other fish as the owner had decided not to keep fish anymore.
I thought that being a pair together already, that they would be good together.
I've put them in my breeding setup to keep them apart from my other fish for now.
Anyways, the male has already gone all black on his throat and is being aggressive to the female.
There are plenty of spots for her to hide, but she just sits out in the open.
My previous pair were never aggressive.
What do I do? Shall I move her out, put another female in? Or another male?

Give them time to settle in to their new surroundings, leave the light off for a day or two & try not to disturb them, if they're still being aggressive after a few days then separate them.

Give them time to settle in to their new surroundings, leave the light off for a day or two & try not to disturb them, if they're still being aggressive after a few days then separate them.

+1 lights off and plenty of hiding places so they can settle in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He seems to have calmed down a little, she's keeping her distance. I've noticed that her poor tail is tattered. Is there anything I need to do to help her heal?

Back
Top Bottom