More Myriophyllum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mosaic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have about six 6" stems of Myriophyllum sp. I just trimmed it two weeks ago, and its already back at the top of the tank (granted, its a 2.5g, but still). And thats with no CO2 or ferts, just some decent light.

I would like to trade if possible, especially for some java fern "wendelov" or a crypt trimming, but I'm willing to try anything.

There is a pest alert, as I have MTS and hydra in the tank, but I'm about to dose the tank with some anti-parasite meds to get rid of the hydra, so I'll be happy to send out the plants after that if you're concerned.

Anyone know? I'm sort of new to plant shipping. I'm afraid it may take too long to get up there.

... I don't know where you live :p I was hoping New york, ohio... any of the states close to ontario. Otherwise i wouldn't bother. That plant tends to shed alot when it doesnt have enough light. I doubt it would make it over 3 days in a blackout.

I live in the deep South!

However, the first (and only) time I sent myrio it took 6 (!!!) days to get to Nevada. I was told it survived the trip though. It's a good little plant. But I suspect it would take longer to get over the border than to send it within the country, which is a big concern. If someone else has done it with success I'd consider it.

Don't worry about it. While i would like the plant, i doubt it would survive at customs. Shippling plants over the border is hit and miss to start with.

Back
Top Bottom